Our divine recipy of the month.
See what is fresh and seasonal in our kitchen
This recipy is divine cake with no added sugar.
Orange, Pecan, Date Cake
1.1/2 cup Orange juice
1/2 cup of Orange peel cut into small square
1.1/4 stick Butter at room temp.
3/4 cup Agave Syrup
4 cups Flour pain or gluten free Almond flour
2 tsp on Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
4 Eggs separated
1.1/2 cups Pecans
- Orange peel and 1/2 cup juice add to small pan and simmer, add 1/2 cup agave syrup and 1/2 tsp of baking soda to soften. Keep on a medium flame for 20 mins.
- Heat the Oven to 170 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar together till well mixed. Then mix into the buttery blend the egg yolks one at a time, vanilla, pecans, dated and rest of the orange juice.
- Place the flour and baking powder and sieve into a bowl. Add cinnamon to the bowl, then pour on top the liquids and mix with a cake spoon. Whisk the egg whites until fluffy and air bubbles are present. Gently fold the fluffy whites into the cake mix.
- Bake the cake mix for 1 hour 20 mins. After the cake has come away from the sides of the tin and you have done a fork test in the centre of the cake ( no sticky batter should remain after you have pulled it out) The cake needs to be cooled and then enjoyed!